Thursday 10 November 2016

They call me Daddy


Hey Guys and Gals.
Hope you all getting on well.  Eirtakon is over and I am still recovering lol It was a very long week but I was so happy to see so many of you and I selling a fair few posters.  I will be looking into being at more cons so if there are any in your area let me know.  Anyway this is one of my favorite illustrations I did for the con.  Its "Daddy 76"!! Now I have played alot of overwatch, almost religiously since it came out.  I love the characters and there personalities, the jokes and memes and the beautiful fan art I see online.  So I chose to do the Daddy 76, if you listen to soldier 76 audio clips he's a really dad or grumpy old man.  I wanted to illustrate the idea that he is the a stone cold serious character but also the best dad ever so under his Jacket I gave him a number one dad shirt and his kids all over him, including a baby gremlin D.VA and a nuaghty Junkrat toldler.  I think is cute and hilarious but anyway  here is a quick break down of how I made the illustration.

1.  Rough

 So I started off by doing alot of different roughs of the character but the one here I though turned out the best.  Some of the other angles I had didn't display the shirt big enough so I stuck with this one.  I used a default brush and just tried to may a rough guide and ad as much detail as I could for later on.
2. Line Art

After the rough I worked on the line art and added all the tiny details.  I also did the line with for the baby D.VA and kid Junkrat later on but added them in here si you can see what it looks like.  Hardest Part was making baby diva look like herself , cute and not too cartoony.

3.  Color Art

After finishing the line work I made a base shape for the three characters.  After making the shapes, I clipped layers to add all the color, each color has a different layer to keep it clean.  It really started looking great and after this i started added shading and highlights to create more volume.

4.  Shading and Highlights

Once I started adding the shading it really started to pop.  I kepts it very simply with a white highlight to the left and a pink tint to the right.  Also the shading was a dark blue color.  I wanted to make it change.  I really think it turned out great and will hopefully do more like this.  Just for fun.

Anyway thanks so much for all the love and support.  if you want to see more follow me here :

if you want any of my stuff as tshirts or other merch follow me here.  It really helps me out alot.  Also if you want me to do any commisions drop me a msg and I'll get back to you ;)
thanks so much again for all the support.  keep an eye out for more very soon, theres atleast 6 or more new illustrations comming.


No comments: