Tuesday 22 November 2016

Christmas Beard

Christmas Beard
English

Nollaig Beard
Irish


Hey Guys and Gals!
Here is a brand new Illustration for christmas!  I wanted to make a Christmas Card and test out some new brushes I bought for the first time online and I love them! Link to the brushes down below!  I wanted to do something different, something more classical with a twist on it.  So I have seen the christmas decorated beards and thought it would be cute to see a sleepy grampa and his gran kids decorating him with stuff from the tree while he sleeps.

so If you like the illustrations or christmas beards buy one or share it with friends :)



anyway lets get into the breakdown!

1. Rough


I started off with rough and used default brush, and just worked out the basic shapes.

2. Line and shape

After I finished the rough I started using the new gouche brushes to make the shapes and a small bit of line art for extra detail.  I also made a couple custome  brushes for the tinsel on the tree and for the candy cane to make it look more like real tinsel.

4. Texture and Shading

Once the shapes and line were done I worked on texturing the grampa's beard, the tinsel and the tree leaves etc.  I added a little blush to the characters skin to very the skin color and finally added some shading and little highlights .  After that I added a tinsel boarder and a merry christmas text I also made an english and Irish version just for the sake of it :)

anyway I hope you all enjoyed this break down, if you like please share it around with friends and check out my other sites.



Other Merch sites


http://www.redbubble.com/people/niallbyrne/




If you like the brush and want really good texture brushes for your own buy the here!  I nver usually buy brushes but I though I might give it a try and (lazyness and frustration on making my own)  I will probably buy more cause there really good and really cheap.  the ones I bought were the Gouche Brushes, hope this helps.


Thanks so much again for checking out my work :)


No comments: